Live Webinar: How to Improve the ROI of AI RSVP Now
SENIOR DATA SCIENTIST
We are looking for Senior Data Scientists to be part of the Metis Data Science Instructional Team. We seek individuals who love and excel at analyzing and visualizing data to solve important problems, are passionate about teaching others to be premier data scientists, and are fun to be around and work with. An ideal candidate should be quick to learn and adapt, care about the design of simple, powerful, beautiful interfaces and visuals, love writing code, thrive in creative team efforts, and also have interests and passions beyond data science.
Metis Senior Data Scientists provide incredible and inspiring Data Science instruction; support the design and teaching of new products and courses, infuse their expertise into our business operations, and continually sharpen their skills through consulting and passion project explorations.
Co-Teaching the Data Science Bootcamp
Metis Senior Data Scientists co-teach our immersive 12-week bootcamp 32 weeks of the year. On any given day, the amount of lecture time is 1-2 hours, and the remainder of the day is spent directly engaging with and coaching individually the students.
● Leading course discussions
● Providing personalized support to students
● Improving the quality of our curriculum
● Mentoring junior data science instructors
● Offering career guidance and interview support to students
Sharpening Skills and Pursuing Data Science Passion Projects
Metis Senior Data Scientists spend 10 weeks throughout the year enhancing their skill set and building their data science knowledge as part of the investment we make in our Senior Data Scientists and in our thought leadership initiatives. These weeks are intended to be self-driven. Projects must be completed within three months (spread throughout the year) and produce some sort of “thought leadership output” that can be shared via blogs, conferences, meetups, research papers, etc. The Senior Data Scientist works with his or her manager to mutually determine the best scheduling of time and project ideas.
Developing Courses and Supporting Business Operations
Metis Senior Data Scientists spend about 6 weeks throughout the year focused on internal operations and thought leadership. Some examples of how that time is used includes:
● Creating new courses and/or enhancing existing courses
● Optimizing our admissions process
● Improving our data engineering and workflow
● Speaking at events and conferences
● Writing articles and blogs
● Assisting with instructor recruitment
● Has an exceptional background in at least two of the following three skill domains:
o Computer Science
o Data Science/Machine Learning
● Has solid data science industry experience
● Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree or higher preferred
● Preferably has some teaching experience
● Has excellent communication and listening skills
● Approaches problems with a design perspective
● Is passionate about continuous learning
Perks of the Role
● Part of a team that is transforming education
● Dedicated time throughout the year to sharpen skills and pursue passion projects
● Competitive compensation package
● Opportunity to network and develop, both among Metis’ Data Science speaker community, as well as through Kaplan, the global educational company and parent company of Metis
Applicants must have US work authorization without the need for sponsorship.