The General Manager is responsible for building out Metis' Professional Development Courses line of business. This role includes direct oversight for the identification, curriculum development and instruction, outcomes, and fiscal management (i.e., "owning the numbers") of Metis' part-time professional development courses. This role also works closely with the marketing team to generate interest and enrollments in the courses.
This role reports to the President of Metis. This person should be based in one of Metis’ geographic markets (NYC, SF, Chicago or Seattle).
- Selection and Curatorship: Determine new courses to add to Metis' professional development portfolio, and existing courses to run and/or expand across geographic campuses.
- Curriculum Development and Instruction: Recruit and manage a team of part-time instructors and contractors to create, maintain, and teach Metis' professional development courses.
- Outcomes: Ensure quality control and the consistent achievement of course outcomes and a highly satisfying course experience.
- Fiscal Management: Manage the P&L of the business to achieve stated financial objectives.
- Marketing: In collaboration with the National Marketing team, develop city-specific marketing plans to support the launch of new courses and the ongoing roll-out of existing courses and to achieve the targeted fill rates for each course.
- Has 3+ years of experience in general management or product management
- Has significant familiarity with various aspects of data science
- Has managed and developed teams, including remote employees
- Has teaching experience and/or a clear vision for effective teaching
- Is an exceptional communicator, with strong emotional intelligence
- Enjoys rolling up the sleeves and making things happen
- Is constantly curious and hungry to learn something new
- Does not take themselves too seriously
- Is willing and able to travel
- Is organized and detail-oriented
- Bachelors’ degree required; advanced degree (e.g., MBA and/or related to data science) preferred
If you're interested in this role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, as well as apply directly here.