San Francisco, Chicago or Seattle
Metis is seeking an Evangelist to drive brand awareness and growth of Metis, leading outreach efforts to the data science communities in New York City, Chicago, San Francisco and Seattle.
The ideal candidate is a tech savvy community builder who will drive prospective student, alumni and partner engagement via relationship-building and contributions to the data science industry. They will cultivate new relationships in collaboration with the Metis Marketing and Senior Data Science teams, identifying opportunities for event hosting and sponsorships and broadly sharing the accomplishments of Metis as a thought leader in data science.
This critical role will position Metis as an active supporter of the data science community, and amplify our resolute goal of educating the best prepared data scientists in the world. If you are passionate about data science and about bringing people together in the spirit of knowledge sharing then we would love to hear from you.
- Produce data science presentations/ demonstrations in collaboration with Metis faculty and partners to attract aspiring data scientists
- Attend and participate in data science and related events to grow Metis brand awareness
- Identify thought leaders and influentials in data science and establish relationships
- Help develop a map of the data science ecosystem finding opportunities for Metis to contribute
- Create excitement about Metis with event marketing, blog posts, discussions, conference attendance, press events, meetups, etc.
- Identify strategic partners to align with Metis and partner for events or other collaborations
- Identify and share knowledge of the competitive landscape of data science educators
- Establish metrics to measure the impact of Metis’ outreach and event efforts associated with student growth
- Work with technology-related conferences to identify contribution opportunities for the Metis Sr. Data Science team
- Report findings of important trends in data science helping to drive curriculum and event topic choices
- Help develop and share the Metis story to differentiate from the competition
- 3+ years of experience as a community-builder in data science or tech
- An existing following in the tech industry, or experience building one
- Knowledge of and history of contributions to the tech and data science communities
- Experience presenting in front of large, tech-savvy audiences
- Producer and grassroots promoter of large-scale events
- Experience building teams and executing a strategic plan
- Agile problem solver with relentless work ethic
- Remarkable interpersonal, communication, and leadership skills
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships with influential leaders, organizations and companies in technology and data science
- Flexibility to travel to attend and speak at events and conferences throughout the country
- Available for evening and weekend events
If you're interested in becoming a Metis Evangelist, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.